Login | Register | FAQ
Anonymous

algorithm's

+ Post a reply

Page 1 of 1

algorithm's

by Edward123 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:09 am

Hi,
I am learning to make websites not because I have any particular website I wish to create, or information to share. I just enjoy learning the different codes, experimenting and working things out.
Anyway I came across a article about algorithm's in websites and it all sounded very interesting... Has anybody every used any in there site? and what for?

Edward123

Edward123

Edward123

Re: algorithm's

by atik » Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:20 pm

Hi Edward123,
I have not heard about this topic. If you share us the link, so we can learn something new to implement on our sites.

atik

by Edward123 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:50 pm

Hi
I could not find the original post but this one talks along the same lines,
http://computer.howstuffworks.com/question717.htm

An algorithm is just a math equasion, but if you can use something as simple as this in a site,

if(10<11){
alert("Correct");
return false;

} else {
alert("Incorrect");
return false;

}

Then there stands no reason that you cant use much more complex math equasions('algorithms') to do things to.

I no that Google has there own algorithm for there search engine and I guess that other search engines also have there own and that is why they respond differently to the same search. The input to the algorithm is the same but the output is different so the algorithm must be different. I guess this is down to the programmer thinking there algorithm for getting the best search results is better than ones on other sites.

Anyway just wondered if anybody was aware of any other sites using them as there is not a wealth of knowledge on the subject on-line.

Edward123

Edward123

by atik » Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:45 pm

Thanks for your explanation. I was just confused about algorithm's in websites. Now i understand it was the general algorithm used by programmers for programming. I read the article, it tell about algorithm basics and how can everything is done on a programmers way. By the way, you want to tell about the algorithm of search engines and seo. Although they show different result but there are a lot of common things between them, i think. Just read a good book on seo and you will find them.

atik

+ Post a reply

Page 1 of 1