Login | Register | FAQ
Anonymous

IOC says Belarusian female runners are safe after refusing

+ Post a reply

Page 1 of 1

IOC says Belarusian female runners are safe after refusing

by limited » Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:01 am

IOC says Belarusian female runners are safe after refusing to return to the country due to the conflict with the coach

The International Olympic Committee (IOC) revealed that Christina Timanovskaya The Belarusian women's national team athlete, 24, is safe in Tokyo. After she revealed that Was forced by the team to come to the airport without her reluctance.

Earlier, Timanovskaya posted on gameslot24hr Instagram: She was reluctantly forced to compete in the 4×400 meters relay race. After some runners on the team were unable to compete because they did not pass the doping test. She stated that the problem was caused by neglect of the coach's duties.

IOC spokesman Mark Adams told the press: Timanovskaya stayed at the airport hotel for one night. After she enlisted the help of Japanese police at Haneda Airport yesterday (August 1), several agencies contacted the runner to help the runner. including the Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR).

Timanovskaya, who competed in the 200-meter race, had to stop competing in the Olympics earlier than scheduled. which she revealed Forced to travel to the airport to board a Turkish Airlines flight back to the country.

Timanovskaya told Reuters via the Telegram app: The head coach met her in a room in the Athletes Village yesterday. and told her to return to Belarus.

Timanovskaya stated that “The head coach approached me. and stated that there was an order coming down to remove me from the race. Around 5:00 PM, they came into the room and told me to pack up. before taking them to the airport” and added that She refused to board the plane. “I will never go back to Belarus.”

However, the Belarus Olympic Committee issued a statement saying: The reason why the coach decided to withdraw Timanovskaya's name from the tournament was at the advice of the doctors who stated that She has emotional and mental problems.

limited

+ Post a reply

Page 1 of 1