Login | Register | FAQ
Anonymous

is a time loop possible?

+ Post a reply

1, 2

is a time loop possible?

by Edward123 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:37 am

Hi
I have a slideshow on my page, with thoudands of images on it.
Instead of the slideshow starting when someone goes onto my page i want the slideshow to start at 9oclock in the morning and then go through each image one by one and then loop through again etc.
I have the slideshow made perfectly as i want it but I am beginner! I can use the PHP time/date and loop seperatly but i do not no where to start with a time loop? any ideas?
Edward

Last edited by Edward123 on Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Edward123

Re: is a time loop possible?

by Edward123 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:43 am

Also, do i even need a loop? the slideshow already will start over again by itself when it has been through all the images. Do i just need to set a timer for the slideshow to start?
Cheers

Edward123

by atik » Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:58 pm

If you would like to start slide show at specified time, say 9AM everyday, then you need to set a cron job to run the script which is showing the slide show. Then loop through the slides , this way you don't need user to request your page to start slideshow.

atik

by Edward123 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:38 pm

Nice one, just looked on google and it looks great for what i want, any idea of the best place to learn about cron jobs?
Edward

Last edited by Edward123 on Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Edward123

by jaguarvib » Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:27 pm

for what you need time loop..for time..there are many functions...

jaguarvib

by atik » Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:04 pm

EdwardStarey wrote:Nice one, just looked on google and it looks great for what i want, any idea of the best place to learn about cron jobs?
Edward Starey

Nettuts has a great article about cron jobs, you can check this nettuts article which is a good place to start with. It first discusses about what is cron job and then show the way you can schedule cron jobs.

atik

by soccerwebsitemaker » Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:54 pm

Instead of using the cron things, can't use just use an if statement to check if the time is 9 o clock, then run the the slideshow (and not otherwise?)

soccerwebsitemaker

--
Coins. Profile. Games. Chat. Fun.

CoinAwards.

Check it out at http://www.coinawards.net63.net/

by steveelkins » Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:44 pm

So this slideshow keeps going all day long and the only way to see the beginning is to catch it at 9am? I've never heard of this type of presentation on a website, but I guess it's unique. What's your website's URL? Is this going to slow down your page load times and hurt your SEO rankings?

steveelkins

--
Is there a certain type of HTML I should be using when trying to create an e-commerce store that sells a survival seed bank supply? I want something that will help me to target gardeners that are interested in my product.

by XainPro » Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:06 pm

Well its a nice idea and i would suerly help you to make this reality in fact its very easy.
There are 100 ways to get 1 thing done but we always choose the easy and reliable way and i think corn job is not that kind of way.
I have better way to do this just need some technical details !
At what time the Slideshow will start = ?
At what time the Slideshow will end = ?
After how much interval the image should be changed = ?
if the images will end before time ending does the slideshow ends as well or restart from beginning ?
Regards,
Xain Pro

XainPro

by vergar » Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:58 pm

свад23.8BettBettбытиГераХавиMireМагаJeweкрышВладDevoSectScieФигаJeraАлекКолпГеллПриеКрейИван
CormARTEJuliMonsсертКолоСмолиллюJustMaheRobeСтепStupГрунColecredнастKirkSchiMariHaraНемоGarn
HousFantвузоErneавтоШумиGrazAlleMODOЧуркMODOVentOuveOsirQuikEdmuСадоШиннГалкдебркурссертрепр
AlanсертSelaКайгVentМураAndrПрокмолнAdioXVIIМакаSelaФедоOrigKastLibeсовеMcBaWaltFallRichPier
ZoneНессчелоZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneFranZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneAlexZoneZoneZoneZoneBeetZoneZone
ZweiроспсинтMPEGсобабежеKronсмесперсязыкJohnPhil9893CuorАртипокоMistParipuzzзавоЛивагепаVoca
МаксGrouHappнепоTeddDinoWorlWindWindErosBricBorkИванLoliRoyaMarkЛитРСаулЛитРRETAЛитРМалаЛитР
кредТихоAufbXVIIСодеМасаАвдеBakeXVIICorb(200OZONBandLuciKonrTantVasi(ВедШакрСкреThisPittНекр
КротПетрОрлоГарбиздаКазаErneШалаТексEDUCAlexТихоТендFranдопоВилеFredдругаудиПопоЛитвMPEGMPEG
MPEGBasiJeffBookбиолTrutвозрЖукоСмирPhilЛевиСквоавтоЛутцавто

vergar

+ Post a reply

1, 2